A MUSSELBURGH thug who was jailed last month for four years following a horrific gang attack on a man in the town has been sentenced to a further three-month jail sentence.

Jayson Dodds was part of a group of men who chased and assaulted victim Rhys Reynolds on December 31 last year.

Four men and a 16-year-old youth armed with knives, a metal pole and a rock attacked Mr Reynolds at the town’s Delta Drive before Dodds appeared on the scene armed with a metal pole.

The other five involved were jailed for terms between seven and 10 years after being found guilty of attempted murder in an attack judge Gordon Liddle described as an “outrage”.

Dodds was cleared of the attempted murder charge but was found guilty of assault to injury and he received a prison sentence of four years following the trial at the High Court in Edinburgh last month.

Now, 19-year-old Dodds has been handed a further three-month jail term at Edinburgh Sheriff Court after he admitted to two further offences.

Dodds pleaded guilty to behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by punching a bus stop and uttering threats of violence towards a woman during an incident at High Street, Musselburgh, on April 27.

He also admitted breaching a bail condition by being outwith his home address between 7pm and 7am on the same date.

He had been placed on the bail condition at an appearance at the sheriff court on February 26.

The court heard that the incident which took place at the Musselburgh High Street bus stop had involved Dodds and a woman who had refused to speak to him, leading him to respond in anger and punch the bus sign.

The court heard that Dodds, who appeared in the dock from custody, had shouted “I’m going to go mental if you don’t talk to me” when the woman ignored him.

Solicitor David Allan, defending, said an appeal had been lodged against the High Court verdict.

Sheriff Alistair Noble sentenced Dodds to a three-month sentence that he said would run concurrent to his existing four-year jail sentence.