IT WAS a perfect weekend for the county’s footballing sides with all the teams in action picking up wins.

In the Lowland League, Tranent Juniors moved to the top of the table after they recorded an impressive 4-0 win over Gretna 2008 at home. Daryl Healy put the hosts in front in the first half with a strike on the 30 minute mark.

Aiden Walsh made it 2-0 just minutes later to give the county side a 2-0 lead at half-time.

Tranent never let up in the second half with Walsh adding a third goal on 52 minutes before Nicky Reid made it 4-0 with 20 minutes to play.

Tranent sit top of the Lowland League table on 54 points and next face a cup tie against Linlithgow Rose at Foresters Park on Saturday South Challange Cup fourth round.

In the Premier Division Musselburgh Athletic hammered Oakley United 7-0 at home to continue their impressive run of form.

Jordan Smith netted four times (32, 38, 57, 60) in an impressive solo performance.

Smith netted twice in the first half while Declan O’Kane added a third to make it 3-0 at the break.

Smith made it a hattrick from the penalty spot on 57 minutes before adding a fourth just three minutes later and a fifth for Musselburgh.

As the game headed into the closing stages Musselburgh were far from done as Liam Reid made it 6-0 on 83 minutes before debutant George Hunter added a seventh in the final minutes.

Musselburgh Athletic sit fourth in the table and next face Vale of Leithen at home.

Haddington Athletic edged out an impressive 2-1 away win over Blackburn United.

Blackburn took the lead in the first half thanks to an own goal from Corey Robertson just a minute into the game.

Haddington responded well though forcing a number of good saves out of the Blackburn goalkeeper before drawing level just before half-time thanks to captain Gabri Auriemma with a neat finish from close range.

The visitors were awarded a penalty in the second half after Ali Simpson was fouled by the Blackburn goalkeeper.

Ross King stepped up and hammered home to turn the game on its head with half an hour to go.

It was a nervy end to the game but Haddington held on for a vital win.

The win puts them eighth in the table and next face Penicuik at home

In the First Division, Preston Athletics’ visit to Luncarty was called off due to Luncarty being in action in a Challenge Cup tie.

Instead Preston welcomed Tweedmouth Rangers for a friendly game which the hosts won 1-0.

Preston Athletic are fifth in the table and are due to complete their game against Luncarty on Saturday.

Dunbar United edged out a 1-0 win at home to Rosyth thanks to a late penalty.

It was a tight and cagey affair over the 90 minutes goalscoring chances hard to come by for either side.

Just as the game looked to be headed for a stalemate, Dunbar were awarded a penalty with four minutes left to play.

Johnny Edmond stepped up and scored to make it 1-0 and ensure all three points stayed in Dunbar.

The win keeps Dunbar top of the table and they next face Dalkeith Thistle at home in the King Cup first round.

In the Second Division, Ormiston Primrose took a huge stride in their bid for survival with a 1-0 win over Edinburgh United.

The county side had not recorded a win since August last year but were still holding out hope of surviving the drop from the Second Division.

They got their goal on 70 minutes thanks to a Sean Ballard header from a corner.

Ormiston now sit 16th in the table, two points off of safety and next face Syngenta at home on Saturday.