MUSSELBURGH Windsor FC lifted the Inspiresport Scottish Youth FA Cup at Under-15 level with a marvellous 3-2 win over Tynecastle in the final at the Excelsior Stadium in Airdrie.

The game quickly settled into a game of contrasting styles, Musselburgh playing an expansive passing game on the huge pitch while Tynecastle played to their strengths with booming long balls aimed at their two main strikers.

A Musselburgh attack on nine minutes almost resulted in the opening goal after a fantastic ball from Tyler Pryde came into a dangerous area in which Liam Henderson headed it goalwards but his own player Robert Hunter blocked it on the line before a header by Josh Murray was saved.

Tynecastle took the lead on 10 minutes – a fantastic ball came into the box by Corin Brown which troubled the Windsor defence; Sam Hood parried the ball away but only into the path of an onrushing midfielder, who slotted home.

Musselburgh equalised on 36 minutes with a well-worked team goal. Musselburgh skipper Lewis Robertson headed a Tynecastle free-kick clear and into the path of team-mate Daniel Combe, who forged forward. He found striker Murray to lay it off into the path of overlapping full-back Evan Fleming, whose inch-perfect cross was headed in by Murray.

Windsor continued to threaten immediately after the goal, Combe hitting the crossbar with a free-kick, as the players went in at half-time with the score 1-1, Windsor well on top.

Tynecastle had the first chance of the second half but their captain Kyle Fraser had an effort cleared off the line by Fleming before Brown fired wastefully over the bar for the Maroons.

Another good chance on goal for Tynecastle followed soon after in the 57th minute, a blocked shot falling for Callum Todd, whose powerful strike smacked off the post; soon after, Sam Hood in the Windsor goal pulled off a fine save before the Edinburgh side’s Corin Brown fired wide when through on goal.

However, it was Windsor who would take the lead on 69 minutes for the first time in the match, a good team move seeing Pryde’s early ball into the six-yard box find its way to Hunter, who slammed home.

Tynecastle tried to immediately respond but Hood denied Todd with a fantastic save, Aaron Booth clearing the ball away.

With seconds remaining, a foul by Pryde gave Tynecastle the opportunity to launch one last attack. From 35 yards, Brown struck a superb free-kick which soared into the Windsor net.

The Musselburgh bench, players and supporters simply couldn’t believe what they had witnessed as the score read 2-2 at the end of normal time.

The first real chance of extra time fell to Sam Kilboy for Tynecastle but a rash effort flew over the bar.

Windsor took the lead in the final minute of the first period after Pryde’s inswinging corner was met by his fellow Belter and best friend Liam Henderson, who fired a fantastic header beyond the Tynecastle keeper.

Very little happened in the second half of extra time but Tynecastle had a chance right at the death after Fraser played the ball to his team mate when he should have shot himself.

The referee’s whistle signalled wild celebrations for the players, coaches and supporters in royal blue.

Head coach Barrie Arthur said: “I couldn’t be prouder of the boys: they went out and played football properly and worked so hard for each other.

“We have to also thank the travelling support, who were our 12th man throughout.”

Pictured are, back row, left to right: Robert Hunter, Laird Gilfillan, Fergus Williams, Billy Fordyce, Robin Thomson, Tyler Pryde, Liam Henderson, Sam Hood, Jacob Shyngle, Murray Gilfillan, Finn Thomson, Aaron Booth, Evan Fleming, Barrie Arthur, Johnny Combe. Front row, left to right: Scott Robertson, Daniel Combe, Mackenzie Scott, Lewis Robertson, Ewan McKinlay, Josh Murray and Aiden Gillan.