TWO East Lothian teams are just 90 minutes away from lifting national trophies.

Musselburgh Windsor were 4-2 winners over Dyce BC on Sunday afternoon while Longniddry Villa were 3-2 winners over Barrhead YFC.

Now, Musselburgh Windsor will attempt to lift the inspiresport Scottish Youth FA Cup for under-15s while Longniddry Villa will attempt to do the same for under-16s.

Scott Robertson, chairman of the Musselburgh side, said: “The conditions did not help us and I think the boys were a bag of nerves in the first half.

“We lost the opening goal on 16 minutes but thankfully we settled into it and we scored some cracking goals.

“When you are a kid at that age group, the biggest prize is not the league, local cups or derbies – it is all about the Scottish Cup.

“Anybody involved in youth football the Scottish Cup is the prize.

“Nothing else comes close to winning the Scottish Cup.”

Musselburgh Windsor should find out their final opponents this weekend when Tynecastle FC and AFC Glasgow contest the remaining semi-final.

A place in the final, which will be contested at The Penny Cars Stadium, home of Airdrieonians Football Club, is at stake, with the match contested on May 19.

Gary Henderson, manager of Longniddry Villa’s under-16s, was delighted with his side’s performance.

He said: “It was 3-1 at half time and it was really a game of two halves.

“The second half, they were the better team and we just held on.

“We have had a few injuries and to get to the final is fantastic.”

Mr Henderson described weather conditions at Foresters Park as “atrocious” on Sunday afternoon.

The East Lothian side had led 3-0 ahead of the break but gave away a cheap goal to give the visitors hope.

Barrhead then pulled another back and the Longniddry manager said: “We played really well in the first half.

“We went 3-0 up and they scored just before the end of the first half.

“We were 3-1 up but created a lot of chances and just about scored a couple of other chances in the half.

“In the second half, it was different.

“For the first 15 minutes it was quite even but they were pushing and pushing and scored a goal.

“As the game neared the end, it was frantic and when the final whistle went it was fantastic.”

Longniddry will now head to The Penny Cars Stadium in a bid to retain the cup.

They will face Giffnock SC (PJ&D) or Finnart FC on May 18, with a 4.15pm kick-off.