TRANENT Juniors secured fifth place in the Lowland League with a draw as Haddington Athletic and Musselburgh Athletic also drew.

Dunbar United secured a vital win, while Preston Athletic and Ormiston Primrose were narrowly beaten in the latest round of county football fixtures.

While promotion has now passed them by, Tranent Juniors secured a fifth placed finish in the Scottish Lowland Football League as they were held to a 1-1 draw away to East Kilbride.

Having already missed out on any chance of a play-off place for promotion, Tranent have been left trying to garner as many points as possible to end their impressive season on a high.

Ben Miller had the visitors in front just before half-time with a well taken effort.

But East Kilbride were level less than 10 minutes into the second half to secure a hard-fought point.

Tranent are fifth in the Lowland League with one league game left to play at home to Civil Service Strollers on Saturday.

However, regardless of the result, it is mathematically impossible for the county side to change places in the table.

In the East of Scotland Football League Premier Division, Haddington Athletic drew 1-1 away to Crossgates Primrose.

The hosts had the lead on 24 minutes through Jacob Glass, who finished well in front of the home fans.

Haddington continued to press for an equaliser and were awarded a penalty for handball just before half-time.

But Dylan Tait’s spot kick cannoned off the bar and the search for an equaliser continued.

The goal did come though, with 20 minutes to play, Gabri Auriemma grabbing his 10th goal of the season with a well taken finish.

Haddington sit fifth in the table and face a League Cup third round tie away to Lochore Welfare on Saturday.

Musselburgh Athletic also drew at home to Linlithgow Rose in the Premier Division in an uneventful 0-0 encounter.

Neither side really got going in the game until Linlithgow were awarded a penalty with just three minutes to play.

But goalkeeper Ali Adams would prove the hero as he got down well to save the spot kick and secure a point.

Musselburgh are third in the table and next face Crossgates Primrose away from home on Saturday.

In the First Division, Dunbar United continued to keep their hopes of lifting the league title alive with an impressive 4-2 win away to Kinnoull.

Sean Stewart had Dunbar ahead on 33 minutes before Kinnoull equalised on 57 minutes.

But Dunbar led again 10 minutes later thanks to a Johnny Edmond penalty before Edmond scored another penalty three minutes later to make it 3-1.

Kinnoull kept the game interesting as they pulled a goal back with seven minutes to play, but Cammy Dawson wrapped up the win in added time.

Dunbar remain top of the First Division, six points clear of second placed Glenrothes, though the Fife side have three games in hand.

They next face Burntisland Shipyard away from home on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Preston Athletic were narrowly beaten 2-1 at home to Camelon.

Camelon had the lead on 33 minutes before Cami Laidlaw hit the bar early in the second half for Preston.

His missed chance would be punished minutes later as Camelon doubled the lead.

Byron Archibald pulled one back with 15 minutes to go from a tight angle, but it was not enough to overturn the scoreline.

Preston Athletic sit eighth in the table and next face Burntisland Shipyard at home next Saturday (April 29).

Ormiston Primrose suffered a heavy blow in their bid to remain in the Second Division as they lost 2-1 at home to Edinburgh South.

It was a bad start, with the visitors taking the lead within 10 minutes.

The lead was then doubled early in the second half.

Dylan Hamilton pulled a goal back with 15 minutes to play but it was too little too late and the county side walked away with no points.

Ormiston Primrose sit 15th in the table, six points from safety but with three games in hand over 14th placed Craigroyston.

They return to cup action in the King Cup third round at home to Dunipace on Saturday.