Woman treated after sofa fire
A 64-YEAR-OLD woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a couch caught fire on Monday at a sheltered housing complex in Prestonpans.
The fire took place at the property on Johnny Moat Place at about 4.45pm but was extinguished prior to the arrival of a Tranent fire crew.
The woman was treated at the scene with oxygen for smoke inhalation by an ambulance crew but did not require hospital treatment.
It is suspected the blaze was caused by smoking materials.
Have your say. Post a comment on this article.
P Seton driver
Aug 1, 09:56
You share a roof with so many innocent older people...including MY grandmother. Go outside to smoke. You dont live in your own detached house anymore...so you have to THINK about others now...you share a roof...dont be so selfish and stupid. It could have been so much worse than it was...Seriously hope you have learned from this...just remember, its shared sheltered housing...think about the others...
Recommend? Yes 4 No 0